[Type]: Essay Contest
[Open to]: University of Ibadan Students
[Deadline]: March 10, 2017
[Prize Obtainable]: N25,000
The University of Ibadan Students’ Union legislative arm, known as the Students’ Representative Council, has announced its inaugural essay contest.
Described as an initiative to give back to the university community, the contest is open to all persons enrolled in undergraduate programs in the University of Ibadan
Find details below:
Participants are to write on the topic:
*Lawmaking as a Viable Tool for Nigeria’s Salvation: Where to Direct the Searchlight*
Essays are expected to propose a lasting solution to the debacle the nation finds itself through the age-old art of legislation.
Tell us what law you think the National Assembly can pass which will change the condition, or at least the direction, of the country for good.
And do not forget to add your reasons too.
Essays will be judged based on the creativity, practicability of ideas, structure and articulacy.
Requirements and Eligibility:
– This competition is open only to undergraduates of the University of Ibadan
– Members of the SRC, Executive (of the Students’ Union, Halls of Residence, Faculties and Departments) and Honourables of the various Legislative Councils are not eligible.
– Essays should not be more than 1000 words long.
– Essays should be sent in a Microsoft Word (.docx) format, typed using Times New Roman, font size 12, and a spacing of 1.5.
– Essays must be previously unpublished and should be the original work of the authors; all external information and facts must be duly acknowledged.
– Each entry should be sent as an attachment to *firstname.lastname@example.org*, alongside the name, email address, active phone number and department of the author.
– First place: ₦25,000
– Second place: ₦15,000
– Third place: ₦10,000
There will be consolation prizes for the best 7 after the winners.
Winners will be invited to and awarded at the SRC Annual Legislative Summit to be held on March 17, 2017 at the University of Ibadan.
For enquiries, please call 09092918298 or 07031085118.
[Disclaimer: The Page is not responsible for this call. We hold no stake in the organisation of this contest. Our interest is purely based on reportage. All correspondences should be directed to the appropriate quarters].Please Follow Us @ThePageNg