Reading Time: 3 minutes
[Living]–It can be sometimes strange if you are asked if you really know yourself because you believe that nobody else should know about you than you do. However, do you really know yourself? Are you sure you will be alive if you loose you stomach, liver, intestines, one kidney and one lung? Now you are confused. You are not sure if you will be alive or not. Read on to know answer to this and learn other weird things you do not know about your body.
- It’s possible for you to survive if you loose a large fraction of your internal organs. Even if you lose your stomach, your spleen, 75% of your liver, 80% of your intestines, one kidney, one lung, and virtually every organ from your pelvic and groin area, you wouldn’t be very healthy, but you would live.
- Do you know that just like you have finger prints, you have tongue print too. And it is definitely different from any other person’s print. Meaning your tongue can be used to identify you.
- The acid in your stomach is strong enough to dissolve razor-blades. The reason it doesn’t eat away at your stomach is that the cells of your stomach wall renew themselves so frequently that you get a new stomach lining every three to four days.
- The iron in your body is enough to make a nail 3 inches long.
- Do know that your teeth start growing right form when you are still in the womb. It start growing 6 months before you are born. This is why one out of every 2,000 newborn infants has a tooth when they are born. So don’t be scared of that baby born with a tooth.
- If the blood vessels in your body is stretched out, it can be as long as walking an estimated distance of 60,000 miles.
- As a man, here three things your pregnant wife mostly dream of during her first trimester: frogs, worms and potted plants. Scientists have no idea why this is so, but attribute it to the growing imbalance of hormones in the body during pregnancy.
- Your eyes are always the same size from birth but your nose and ears never stop growing. You might want to find out by taking a close look at grandma and grandpa.
- Three hundred million cells die in your body every minute.
- The colder the room you sleep in, the higher the chances are that you’ll have a bad dream. Maybe heat is good at times.
You are surprised, right? We know! So, you don’t know yourself that much after all. Tell us in the comments below, how many of these facts were you aware of before now?
Copyright 2017 The Page. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.thepageng.com as the source.