Reading Time: 5 minutes
[Type]: Supply and Logistics
[Open to]: HND/Bachelor’s Degree Holders
[Deadline]: April 14, 2017
British American Tobacco has officially called for application for the position of Local Supply Manager.
Below are the details:
- To ensure that Local Warehouse requirement/Supplies, Leaf and Spares necessary to meet approved stock duration’s and production for BAT West Africa Area are achieved.
- Ensure that requisitions are processed for OTIF procurement of Local WMS and spares.
- Effectively validate Material plans from the Regional Material Planners for all Above Market Planned items and follow up to ensure the local authorizations are obtained to support seamless execution of the Plans.
- Maintain adequate relationship with Import team, Factory Scheduler, Manufacturing, Commercial and other stakeholders.
- Provide up to date management information on trends and events relating to locally planned materials while also validating plans for all above market planned materials to enhance rapid decision making within materials and spares function.
- To ensure that new products or material changes are effected with minimal write off and delivered OTIF.
- Manage & escalate exceptions to the total pipeline inventory to keep the cash flow within budget.
- Coordinate all the Local activities relating to NPI’s and ensure the Regional Material Planners have good view of impact of changes to NPI’s to adjust the above market planned materials accordingly.
- Develop an effective tracking of all planned changes or brand introductions.
- Maintain adequate relationship with WAA Commercial and other stakeholders to achieve perfect alignment on all planned changes.
- Provide up to date management information and reporting to enhance decision making and guide the right compromise.
- Maintain continuous supply of Local WMS, Leaf and Spares to meet the production plan and machine maintenance while maintaining inventory levels within target policies.
- Continuously analyze data and generate accurate report of Local WMS and Spares supplies to BAT Nigeria from Suppliers. Continuously review business processes and identify opportunities for improvement in business efficiency and effectiveness.
- Measure and track OTIF delivery of WMS and Spares
- Proactively anticipate and manage potential risks and advise rescheduling of production if plan cannot be met due to WMS.
- Maintain WMS write off register and coordinate all stakeholders to minimize write off, aggressively identifying innovative ways of utilizing slow moving materials as well as materials with zero usage.
- Validation of Plans for all Above Market Planned Materials to ensure alignment to Area Business needs and escalate where gaps are identified.
- Ensure SAP is set up to fully utilize benefits of MRP.
- Put in place validation and verification procedures for all data input to MRP to ensure Planning of WMS and Spares are accurate and in line with policy.
- Continuously track all planned changes and proactively engage all stakeholders to manage deviations and deliver OTIF with minimal losses and exceptional costs.
- Proactively anticipate and manage any potential risk to supply due to Payment delays to WMS & Spares Suppliers.
- Participate in PDT and NPI project meetings as key supply chain representative.
- Operate within cash flow plan by managing Local WMS and Spares inventories
- Manage WMS and Spares exceptional cost and write off budget.
- Ensure there are no control break down within the NPI or Local WMS/Spares planning function
- Timely follow up on any audit actions relating to Local WMS, Spares & Local NPI processes.
- Ensuring that WMS and Spares status, NPI updates, exceptional cost, write off and other relevant information required for Area SOP meetings are promptly prepared and reported accurately.
- Proactively alert the Business where there could be potential OOS relating to all WMS, Leaf & Spares input to Operations.
Key Success Factors:
- Ensure availability of raw materials and spares within the stipulated stock policy to support finished goods production and machine maintenance.
- Support 100% Above Market Planning by ensuring Local data & information is shared to ensure effective Planning.
- Ensure Suppliers (WMS, Leaf & Spares) payment is tracked and paid OTIF by escalating any deviations which will impact delivery.
- Initiate and deliver cost savings through sustainable initiatives and focus on smart cost management and awareness to achieve benchmark levels.
Min Required Experience:
- The jobholder should be a graduate with a bias in Science and at least 5 years (2 years at Managerial Level) experience gained in a supply chain planning manufacturing environment (Preferably FMCG Company).
- Working SAP System Knowledge MM, PP & SD Modules.
- Working Understanding of MRP/ERP principle.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability to change.
- Ability to make informed decisions.
- Understanding of Factory constraints and complexities.
- Product Knowledge.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- In depth understanding of inventory management principles.
- Good presentation skills.
[Disclaimer: The Page is not responsible for this call. We hold no stake in the organisation of this contest, exercise or program. Our interest is purely based on reportage. All correspondences should be directed to the appropriate quarters].
Copyright 2017 The Page. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.thepageng.com as the source.