[Lagos]–VoguePay has emerged as the “Best Fintech Startup” at the recently concluded 6th edition of Cashless Africa Expo, 2017.
The startup was awarded at the event organised by Mobile Money Africa which took place on 25th March 2017, at Victoria Island Lagos.
The principal associate of Mobile Money Africa, Mr. Emmanuel Okoegwale, remarked that “the awards honor organizations that have made significant contributions to the digital financial services sector and are poised to make considerable market impact in the future. The Awards are dedicated to acknowledging creativity, commitment and excellence in the digital financial services across Africa”.
VoguePay won special recognition award as the Best Fintech Startup as a result of contribution to online payment in Nigeria and Africa in general. VoguePay is a secure payment gateway launched in 2012 with the vision to make online, cross-currency payments and transactions safer, cheaper and more accessible for businesses, traders and consumers in Africa and internationally. It has offices in Lagos, Nigeria and UK with expansion plans to other African countries.
While acknowledging the award, VoguePay representative, Geoffrey Weli Wosu (co-founder of VoguePay and Director of Marketing, legal & compliance) reiterated VoguePay’s commitment to excellence as the award came on the heels of several industry recognitions to VoguePay in 2016 including being honoured as the “best online payment in Africa” at African Achievers Awards which FORBES Magazine rated as as one of the most prestigious award ceremonies that represent the whole of the African continent.
In his remarks, Wole Ogunlade, head of digital media and strategy at VoguePay noted that the award is well deserved given VoguePay’s innovative solutions as a payment bridge that connects Africa with the rest of the world. He noted that VoguePay is the biggest payment gateway by merchant size in Nigeria and also serves customers in 4 continents including North America, Europe, Asia and Africa.
Below are the winners of the Cashless Aafrica Awards 2017:
– Financial inclusion product of the Year (Africa) & Remittance personality of the Year – (CEO, Worldremit)
– Best MobileMoney product innovation & Best MobileMoney service – TRANSFERTO
– Best Microfinance enabler platform – INSTAFIN by ORADIAN & Microfinance empowerment recognition – ORADIAN
– Best Fintech start-up – VOGUEPAY
– Best e-payment platorm – REMITA by SYSTEMSPEC
– Financial inclusion product of the Year (Nigeria) – Y’ello account BY Diamond Bank
– Best remittance enabler platform – MFS AFRICA
– Low cost remittance provider – EcoCash & Mahindra Comviva
– Best Agency banking provider – FINCA NIGERIA
– Innovation in e-lending – Advance Flex by ONE FINANCE
– Payment terminal innovation – FAMOCO
– Remittance start-up of the Year – PINGEXPRESS