[Type]: Nutrition Officer
[Open to]: Certified Nutritionists
[Deadline]: April 17, 2017
SCOPE OF WORK:
The Nutrition Clinical Officer- is responsible for overseeing all Nutrition activities for IRC supported health facilities and catchment communities in 4 LGAs in Adamawa State. Responsibilities will include day to day supports to Nutritional activities in the health facilities and their catchment communities, monitoring of activities, report making, coordination with other sectors and government authorities as well as close collaboration with the Nutrition unit at the state MOH & health facility staff and managers. The Nutrition Officer will have no line management responsibilities and reports to the Nutrition Manager. The position is based in Yola with regular trips to IRC’s health programs throughout Adamawa State and other parts of Nigeria as needed.
· In collaboration with the other Nutrition program staff in Nigeria, oversee the implementation of Nutrition projects implemented by IRC Nigeria (Askira Uba).
· In collaboration with the Nutrition manager and the Health & Nutrition Coordinator, ensure that Nutrition programs utilize standardized protocols, policies and guidelines, as outlined by the Nigeria Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) and WHO. Ensure that all Nutrition activities are consistent with established best practices.
· Promote the quality of the IRC’s health & Nutrition programs by following the measures put in place in collaboration with other staff and the IRC health unit.
· Ensure sound data collection and information management systems are in place for ongoing monitoring of health & Nutrition programme activities
· Participate in the design of robust M&E plans and design/adapt Nutrition information systems including surveillance systems for the IRC health & nutrition programs in Nigeria
· Contribute to the growth of the IRC nutrition programme in Nigeria through quality implementation of project activities, adequate monitoring and timely reporting as needed, working in conjunction with other colleagues in the IRC Nigeria program.
· Conduct regular supportive supervision to all supported health facilities and catchment communities, provide mentoring and technical support and appropriate feedback as needed.
· Work with the nutrition manager and Health & Nutrition Coordinator to ensure appropriate use of programme resources
· Organise planned trainings for health & Nutrition staff and ensure that FMOH and WHO guidelines are used for all trainings which should be delivered in a quality manner.
· Support the set up of use of FMOH clinical guidelines in all health facilities, providing mentoring as required to improve compliance.
· Follow all IRC guidelines, programme and budget management tools
· Ensure a good working relationship with all stakeholders involved in service provision to supported health facilities and catchment communities in Adamawa State.
· Ensure the consistent use of the IRC grant management guidelines during programme implementation.
· Degree in Nutrition with vast experience in CMAM programming
· At least 2 Years work experience in Nutrition programs both at clinical and community based programs and other primary Health care components is preferable
· Thorough knowledge and understanding Nutrition Policy of Nigeria
· Previous experience working in Northern Nigeria, willingness to work in Northern Nigeria
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills
· Experience delivering Nutrition and related trainings to health staff using national or WHO guidelines
· Experience in SQUEC and SMART Surveys and Rapid Assessments
· NGO work experience is an advantage
· Should be able to use Microsoft Office especially MS-Word, Excel,Powerpoint
· Able to communicate in English language (written and spoken ); Knowledge of local languages is a plus
· Additional qualities: ability to multitask, ability to handle pressure well, ability to improvise, be flexible , and adaptability to transitions.
Interested Applicants should send cover letter and resume in MS word with the position applied for clearly stated. Addressed to the Country Director, International Rescue Committee, Plot 902 Olu Awotesu Street, Abuja or can be sent via Email to IRCNigeria.Recruitment@rescue.org or submitted to any IRC field office in Yola or Mubi.